Internal Quality Assurance Committee (IQAC)
“Institute of Innovation in Technology and Management (IITM) is committed to imparting Quality Education & Training leading to Degree in Management and Computer Application and aims at being a Global Institution through continual improvement of its scholastic ability and effectiveness of the Quality Management System. The Quality Policy is communicated and understood by all stake holders within the institute and is reviewed for continuing suitability.”
1. To upgrade teaching facilities through addition of teaching aids and equipment.
2. To upgrade faculty through enhancement of their knowledge by upgrading the academic qualification, interaction with industry, through seminars & conferences etc.
3. To measure stakeholder’s satisfaction level periodically through parent’s feedback, student feedback reports, student placements through campus interview and overall success in university examinations.
4. To monitor quality management system to ensure earliest corrective action in the event of any non-conformity. The management is committed to these quality objectives and also ensures that they are known, understood and implemented by all members of the institute.
Goals of IQAC
1. Improvement of pedagogy through educational research and input from the business scenario.
2. Reviewing of institutional processes by involvement of faculties, students and staff.
3. Planning and Preparations of Self Study report for NAAC.
4. Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative task.5. Optimization and integration of information technology’s support for teaching and learning;
Functions of IQAC
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner- centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
3. Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
4. Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
5. Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
6. Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
7. Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
8. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Tasks of IQAC
1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
3. Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
4. Provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in Higher Educational Institutes.
6. Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The committee is constituted under the chairmanship of head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units. The composition of the IQAC will depend on the size and complexity of the institution. The composition of the IQAC at IITM is as follows:
Composition of IQAC
|1.||Prof. Dr. C P Chawla (Director General)||Chairman|
|2.||Prof. Ankit Verma (Coordinator, IQAC)||Member Secretary|
|3.||Prof. A K Saini (Professor, USMS, GGSIPU)||External Member|
|4.||Prof. R K Mittal (Vice Chancellor, Chaudhary Bansilal University)||External Member|
|5.||Dr. Vani Vasakarla (Director)||Internal Member|
|6.||Dr. Geetali Banerji (HOD IT)||Internal Member|
|7.||Dr. Monica Kulshrestha (HOD Mgt)||Internal Member|
|8.||Dr. Sarmistha Sarma||Internal Member|
|9.||Dr. Renu Sharma||Internal Member|
|10.||Dr. Mohita Mathur||Internal Member|