Programme Code: BCA
Minimum Entry Requirements:Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks
Duration: 3 years
Intake and Reservation of Seats
University approved intake for BCA (both shifts) is 240 each. The existing reservation policy stipulates 10% seats (12 in number) as “Management Quota Seats”. Out of the remaining 90% (108 seats), 85% (102 seats) are reserved for Delhi candidates and 15% (18 seats) for outside Delhi candidates. Further reservation for specific categories is as per the guidelines of Government of NCT of Delhi.
Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate* with pass in English(core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science/ Information Practice/ Computer Applications/ Multimedia & Web Technology/ Data Management Application/ Web Application.
Three year Diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic duly approved by All India Council for Technical Education and affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
University Conducted CET:
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The University conducts central counselling for all the colleges affiliated with it for 90% seats except for management quota seats. Students are required to choose the college/institute during the counselling. For application forms the students are to respond to the advertisement by the University or its website www.ipuadmissions.nic.in or www.ipu.ac.in.
Management Quota Seats:
The Institute conducts admission for 10% management seats. Candidates seeking admission to management quota seats are to satisfy aforementioned eligibility criteria. Additionally, candidates need to qualify the Combined Entrance Test conducted by the University for the concerned programme. The merit for admission is drawn on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination, i.e., 10+2. There is no provisional admission under management quota option.
The procedure for admission to management seats is stipulated below:
I. The vacancies are advertised in one Hindi, one English newspaper of Delhi, on the website of the Institute (www.iitmjp.ac.in) and on the Notice Board of the Institute.
II. Candidates are required to apply on a prescribed form.
III. Merit List of the eligible candidates is displayed on website of the Institute (www.iitmjp.ac.in) and on the Notice Board of the Institute. Short listed Candidates are required to appear personally for counselling to seek admission.
Examination and Evaluation
The examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks. In every paper, evaluation is done through an external examination with 75% weightage and 25% is through internal/continuous evaluation by the respective faculty within the institute. The internal evaluation is conducted on the basis of written tests, presentations, assignments, seminars, projects etc. The degree is awarded by the GGSIP University, Delhi
The Institute follows the fee structure as prescribed for the programme for this Institute by the State Level Fee Regulatory Committee. The fee is payable once in a year for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session. First year fee is collected by the GGSIP University and the refund rules are governed by the University. In subsequent years the Institute collects the fee and the fee so collected is not refundable. For students admitted under “Management Quota” option, fee is the same as prescribed by the Fee Committee. The Institute shall collect the fee and it shall be payable once in year. If the student withdraws admission after the date of commencement of course and the seat remains vacant, no fee shall be refunded. Security Deposit shall be refunded on successful completion of the course or on migration/withdrawal by applying for it. The Institution may deduct cost of replacement on account of loss of library book/document or any fine imposed by the Institute due to damage etc done individually/collectively to the property of the Institute or for indiscipline.
Fee of Academic Year 2017-18 First Year
All the students of 1st year of BCA (1st & 2nd Shift) are requested to deposit their fee as per details given below:
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 72,000/-|
|University Fee||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Activity Fee||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Amortization Fee||Rs. 3,062/-|
|Other charges (Magazines & News letters)||Rs. 500/-|
|Identity Card/Digitized Library Card||Rs. 100/-|
Fee deposited by the students at the time of counseling
Fee Deposited during counseling (B)=
BALANCE FEE TO BE DEPOSITED TO THE INSTITUTE
|Balance Fee (A-B)=||